Terraces season has begun. And so, with the heat, a snack seems like a good idea, a Spanish tradition accompanied with a nice cold drink, such as rosé wine, beer or other special drinks. Snack time is a trend, in fact there are bars specialized in it, where tapas and drinks are the usual.
- Anchovies and Gins. Beer is being displaced by gin and tonic, also when it's time to snack. In fact, in the wineries drink list, gin tonics are protagonists at any time of the day. You can pair them with a classic tapa such as pickled anchovies.
- Martini and olives. One of the most popular drinks for snack time was Martini. It was a Sundays tradition, when people used to go out to take a good aperitif before lunch. Fortunately, now we must not wait for the weekend to savour it; We can pair flavoured olives with Martini Bianco or Rosso.
- Vermouth Mancino. From the classics to an innovation. This is the Vermouth Mancino, which is also Italian, and leaves bitter and spicy notes in our mouth.
- Healthy snacks. As the cult of the body and nature is fashionable, nothing better than to delight our palate with some good healthy snacks such as olives with grated carrots or oatmeal toasts with smoked salmon. They taste better with rosé wine.
- Elvers and beer. Directly from Northern Spain, elvers tapas are the most usual. If our pocket allows, order a serving alongside a chilly lager.
- Cheese balls and red wine. Any tapa with cheese is a perfect snack before lunch. And for pairing, it goes well with a red wine with aged flavours.
- With sushi. Snacks can be made with a variety of ingredients. This is the case of Eastern flavours. Remember to order about two sushi rolls with white wine.
- Iberians. No one can resist the Iberians. Ham, loin and chorizo ??take a new dimension when we snack. It is best to accompany them with beer or red wine.
- Caviar and cava. Two foods that begin with C will fill the more demanding palates. Caviar is usually consumed at events, always with a glass of cava.
- Oysters and rosé. In Galician towns, seafood is also eaten as a snack. Oysters may be ordered with cava or a bit of rosé wine.
If you want a great snack, we propose you the following wines:
Moët & Chandon Ice Impérial: a sparkling wine of the Champagne DO vinified from pinot noir and pinot meunier.
Miraval Rosé Magnum 2014: a rosé wine with Provence DO with the best bunches of 2014 cinsault and syrah.