Eating is not only a ritual for satisfying our stomach or take energies to go through the daily routine but is, above all, a moment of enjoying flavours and tastes that brings happiness. The pairing between food and a drink is an amazing explosion of senses. So here we recommend you three nice recipes of dishes that you can perfectly enjoy with a good wine.
Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak and Arugula Salad
- 1.5 lb flank steak
- 3 Tbs, 3 tsp balsamic vinegar, separated
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 5 oz arugula
- ½ lb Beecher's Flagship cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar, 6 Tbs olive oil, dijon, garlic, shallot, salt, and pepper. Place steak in a zip lock bag, pour balsamic mixture over, seal airtight and refrigerate overnight or 8 hours.
- Heat grill and then place marinated steak on the grill top. Grill each side of the steak for 5 minutes, turning 90 degrees after 2 ½ minutes to create a diamond mark on the steak. When the steak has been grilled for a total of 10 minutes or is the temperature of 140 degrees, pull from the grill.
- rush with 3 tsp of balsamic vinegar, season with salt, then cover and let rest for 10 minutes. While steak is resting grate Beecher's cheese and slice cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the steak into thin slices and serve over a bed of arugula.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, Beecher's cheese, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and freshly cracked pepper.
Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounces) cans of beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of great Northern beans undrained
- 2 small zucchini cubed
- 2 cups spinach - packed rinsed and torn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat, and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
Baked Dijon Salmon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1,1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley 4
- (4 ounces) fillets salmon
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
- Brush each salmon fillet lightly with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Dom Pérignon Vintage luminous label 2009 is a sparkling wine made by Moët & Chandon from the region of Champagne vinified with pinot noir and chardonnay from 2009 and has an alcoholic content of 12.5%.
Vidigal Porta 6 2016 is the product of the fertile vineyards from Alenquer and Cadaval, in the mountains in the North of Lisbon.