Today we present you 3 vegetarian recipes for this winter to give you a treat without having to spend hours in the kitchen. On top, we'll suggest an organic wine for each meal so you can enjoy even more!
1. Brussels sprout with pistachio dukkah
This may be the ideal entry or garnish to any other recipe you prepare at home. Brussels sprouts with pistachio dukkah is a rather light meal and if you wish you can brown them on top with some cheese and bechamel sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 grams of Brussels sprouts
- 4 garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the pistachio dukkah
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly roasted sesame
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Remove the outher leaves of the cabbages and wash the sprouts. Put them in a pot with salted water and cook until soft.
- Put mustard seeds, coriander and cumin in a mortar and grind to powder. Add the sesamo seeds, black pepper, almond flour, chili and salt and grind again. To finish the dukkah, add the chopped pistachios.
- Peal the garlic cloves and cut them into thin slices. Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and fry the garlic until golden. Add the drained Brussels sprouts and the dukkah. Sauté and remove from the heat.
Ratpenat 2013 comes from the agreement between Celler Credo and the Museu de Ciències Naturals de Granollers for the defense of the evironment and the living beings that inhabit it.
2. Tomate curry
This recipe is ideal as a starter. It has some strong flavours to wake up your palate.
- 2 cups dried chickpeas or 400g cooked chickpeas
- 5 tomatoes or a can of tomatoe pulp
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 heaped tablespoon curry
- 1 ginger to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Olive oil
- Cook the (soaked during the night) chickpeas in water for 15 minutes in the pot together with ½ onion, 2 potatoes cut in medium pieces, lemon, 1 garlic clove, a drizzle of olive oil and salt. You can add courgette, eggplant or squash.
- Beaten the tomatoes and cook them together with half an onion, 1 garlic clove, a drizzle of olive oil and salt in a pot over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the spices to the chickpeas. Stir well, cover the pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
Terra Remota Caminito Rosat 2014 is a rosé wine with DO Empordà from the Terra Remota cellar made with garnacha negra and syrah of 2014 and has a volume of alcohol of 14º.
3. Chestnut cream with mushrooms
Prepare this fine cream of chestnuts with fresh sautéd mushrooms. The preparation is very simple.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200 grams of fresh chestnuts
- 1 or 2 mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 1 cup cream
- ¾ liter of vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- 1 or 2 star anise
- Put water and salt in a pot. Add a couple of star anise. Make a cut in the skin of the chestnuts and put them in the pot. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Julienne the onions and poach them in a pot with olive oil. Peal the chestnuts and add them to the onions.
- Pour the chestnut broth and the vegetable broth, season and cook for 15 minutes. Add the cream and purée to smooth cream.
- Season with pepper and olive oil.
- Slice the mushrooms and season them with salt and olive oil. Sauté them in a skillet with salt, pepper and a drizzle of Vinaigrette.
- Serve the cream with the mushrooms on top.
Alaya Tierra 2013 a red wine from the DO Almansa is made with garnacha tintorera of 2013 and 16º of alcohol.
*Picture: arsheffield (flickr)