The world of cocktails is extensive and offers delicious varieties to enjoy in good company. If you want to try preparing some of them this spring, you could use these recommendations.
This mojito has strawberry as main ingredient, rich in vitamin C and very refreshing.
- 3 or 4 large strawberries
- Crushed ice
- 10 millilitres white rum
- Some mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 50 millilitres soda or sparkling water
- 50 millilitres lemon soda
- Put crushed ice in a cocktail glass.
- Liquefy the strawberries in a blender with sugar and lime juice. Pour the liquid into the cocktail glass.
- Clean the mint leaves and place them in the glass.
- Pour the white rum in the glass, followed by lemon soda and sparkling water or soda.
- Garnish with some mint leaves. For the edge of the glass, use slices of strawberry and lime and don't forget the straw.
Corporación Cuba Ron is the maker of Havana Club Añejo 3 Años, a rum from Cuba with 40º alcohol content.
The appletini is elaborated in various ways. Some people prefer to use apple sauce while others use apple liqueur. The secret of its colour is to use some lemon juice to prevent apple to oxidate quickly.
- 45 millilitres vodka
- 29 millilitres green apple liqueur
- 7 millilitres lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients in a shaker.
- Add some crushed ice.
- Shake and serve in a chilled Martini glass.
Belvedere Vodka, a vodka from distillery Belvedere Vodka made in Poland with a volume of alcohol of 40º.
Green apple liquor Joseph Cartron from Joseph Cartron cellar: a fruit liqueur produced in France with 18° of alcohol content.
The Gin Fizz's main ingredient is gin and it was created in the United States.
- 3 parts gin
- 2 parts lemon juice
- 1 part simple syrup or 2 teaspoons sugar.
- 3 parts sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Put gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Shake and serve in a tall glass with crushed ice.
- Fill with sparkling water and serve chilled.
- You can use a glass to mix instead of the shaker; in this case mix the ingredients with a spoon.
Brockmans Gin from Brockmans Gin cellar: a gin from England with 40º alcohol content. Uvinum users valued Brockmans Gin with 4.3 points out of 5.
* Image: Micky (flickr)