Afraid to catch a cold? Absolutely! With the rum cocktails that we offer today, you'll warm up quickly. In addition, these drinks are also delicious, don't miss them!
This is a very typical drink of the Catalan coast and, more specifically, Calella de Palafrugell, a town at the Costa Brava. You can prepare it within 20 minutes. It's an excellent and easy choice for the weekend.
Ingredients for 8 people:
- 1 liter of black rum
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon zest
- 50 coffee beans
- 2 cups of coffee (optional)
- Pour the rum and sugar in a clay pot. Take a tablespoon and stir until mixed on low heat.
- Add the lemon zest, cinnamon stick and coffee beans. Let the mixture simmer on low heat for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups of coffee to enhance flavor, remove from heat and cover the pan. Serve the drink hot.
Hot buttered rum
Hot buttered rum is consumed during the cold season. Some prepare it using other spirits such as Bourbon, but the original recipe is made with rum.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 glass of rum
- 2 glasses of orange juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat the orange juice over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir vigorously over low heat until dissolved.
- Add the spices, honey and butter, mix with orange juice, stirring continuously, add rum and beat with a hand mixer.
- Serve hot and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Tom and Jerry
This is another hot cocktail you can enjoy to keep you warm, and it has a delicate and delicious flavor.
- 22 ml dark rum
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Hot water or milk
- Nutmeg grated or powder
- Mix the egg yolk with sugar in a bowl.
- Then add the egg white and rum.
- Pour hot milk or water in a pot. Then pour in the mixture from the bowl.
- Sprinkle over nutmeg before serving the drink hot.
Matusalem 10 Años: a rum from Cuba with 40º of alcohol. Uvinum community values Matusalem 10 Años with 4 points on 5.
Legendario Elixir de Cuba: a Dark rum produced in Cuba with an alcohol strength of 34º.