Holy Week and Easter are coming and with them, lots of typical dishes, desserts and other treats, many with an undoubted star: egg, one of the ubiquitous ingredients in almost every culture around this celebrations of religious roots.
Today we present 3 recipes featuring eggs as a common element, which we hope will inspire you to cook this holidays, whatever your tastes and budgets are, and, why not, you can taste with a good wine.
Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs in hot water for 10-12 minutes. Remove from hot water and rinse with cold water.
- Place the bacon in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. You can also wrap the bacon on paper towels and cook in the microwave, 1 minute per slice. Crumble and set aside.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks, which we will mix with mayonnaise, bacon, cheese and mustard.
- Fill halves with the mixture and refrigerate until serving.
Bitter-sweet egg baskets
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle
- ½ tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ¼ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 12 chives
- ¼ cup candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Cut eggs in half and cut a small slice from the bottom to make them stable. Remove yolks and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the yolks, mayonnaise, pickles, mustard, salt and pepper and stuff the whites.
- Garnish with sprouts and place chives as a handle. Refrigerate and serve, garnishing then with sunflower kernels.
Lemon-Dill Chicken Salad-Stuffed Eggs
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 24 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Season the chicken evenly and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 15 minutes, cover and refrigerate half an hour.
- Cut the eggs in half, remove yolks and reserve for another use.
- Mix the mayonnaise, onions, parsley, dill and remaining salt in a bowl.
- Finely chop the chicken and add to the mixture.
- Fill the eggs, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
And there is nothing better to enjoy a meal that to pair it with a good wine. These are our recommendations:
Juan Gil 12 Meses 2012 a red wine with Jumilla DO (Spain) with a blend based on monastrell of 2012 and with an alcoholic strength of 15º.
Corullón 2012 is a red wine of the Bierzo DO (Spain) with the best bunches of 2012 mencía.
Images: Uvinum and Wikimedia Commons