Going green is an ever-growing trend and just something everyone should be moving to. People prefer fresh seasonal food from the local surroundings. Let's take a look at some of the organic markets that you shouldn't miss if you ever visit Spain.
- La Buena Vida in Madrid is one of the best for those who prefer organic wines and homemade products.
- From the capital, we go straight to Barcelona where all kinds of markets fill the streets on weekends. In this case, we highlight the market on the Avinguda de Diagonal which takes place every Friday. It is called Mercado Ecológico where you can find the best ecological products.
- While in Valencia, don’t miss Godella’s Ecological Market which takes place on Saturdays from 9 to 2 pm at the Plaza de la Ermita. A wide variety of 100% green friendly food products is available.
- If you go to Vigo you will also find these kinds of markets. The best food of Galicia reaches its peak here. During the second and last Saturday of each month, where the old Tui prison was, the Mercado de Verdura de Tui takes place. There, you'll find products from the main Galician orchard.
- Also, Valls in Tarragona offers a variety of products in its stores. The Mercado Agroecológico yVariedades is a place with a lot of local fresh products, traditional recipes and lots of additional activities.
- In Bermeo, Bilbao, there are two markets. On the one hand, we have the Fish Fair which takes place from the 20th to the 22nd of May offering a broad range of fresh fish. And on the other hand, there's the Mercado del día Santa Eufemia which is usually held in September offering organic products and a lot of stands to stop by.
- Still in the north, in Galicia, specifically in La Coruña, Mercanatura is one of the best known ecological markets, where you can also find lots of handcrafted products.
- In Buenavista del Norte, Tenerife, you can also go to green markets. In this case, we'd like to highlight the farmer's market Mercado del Agricultor held every Saturday. It brings together several producers offering the best of the local farms.
- And near Barcelona, in Montgat, the Mercado Ecológico y Artesano is usually organised on the third Saturday of each month at the Mallorquines Square.
Honoro Vera Organic 2014 is a young wine made by Bodegas Juan Gil, easy and fun to drink and from ecologically sustainable cultivation.
Eko Organic Monastrell is the result of the selection of grapes of the classic Monastrell variety from the best vineyards of the Alicante Origin Denomination.
Villa Maria Cellar Selection Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Organic 2014 is a white wine from the Marlborough DO with a blend containing Sauvignon Blanc of 2014 and 13º of alcohol.