Good weather, and a good feeling: on the terrace, with white wine and some tasty fish ... Doesn't sound so bad, right? The best of all is that fish is a good source of Omega 3, highly beneficial for our skin and cardiovascular system. So don't hesitate on including fish in your diet. To help you doing that we'll share three finger licking fish recipes with you. If you additionally combine these dishes with some lovely white wine... mmmm, what a feast!
1. Trout with truffles:
This recipe is ideal for 4 people and the trout accompanied by the taste of truffles is delicious.
- 2 trouts
- 50 grammes of grated black truffles
- 1 clove of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Boil the 2 trouts in salted water.
- Bone out the trout, place the fillets on a plate.
- Add olive oil and grated truffle to a hot pan.
- Crush garlic and place in the pan add lemon juice and vinegar.
- Cook for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve hot trout fillets garnished with the sauce.
2. Fish fondue with Riesling:
This recipe is ideal if you don't have a lot of time, because it only requires 40 minutes for preparation, and combined with Riesling you'll highlight the qualities of the fish and enhance its taste.
- 2 kilos of fish (tuna, salmon or trout)
- Mussels and small squid
- 2 stalk celery
- 4 shallots
- ¼ celery
- 1 fennel
- 1 leek
- 150 grammes of mushrooms
- 300 millilitres of Riesling
- 100 millilitres of Noilly Prat
- 50 millilitres of Pernod
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A touch of saffron
- Fillet the fish of your choice and then cut the fillets into small pieces.
- Clean and wash the mussels and squid, then dry with paper towels.
- Place in a pot with 1 liter of water add offcuts from fish together with small chopped vegetables, pour in Riesling, Noilly Prat and the Pernot cook over medium heat until you have a tasty stock.
- Pour the broth into a fine saucepan, then and reduce the broth in the pot over low heat, add salt, pepper, saffron, pieces of fish, mussels, and squid.
- When the broth is reduced you can serve with fondue forks and slices of toast or chopped vegetables like peppers or grilled mushrooms.
3. Oven baked fillet of sole with white wine and minced onion
This recipe is very delicate and also can be prepared in a short time.
- 2 fish of 350 to 400 grams each
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 small onions
- Fillet the sole and remove the skin, save the cut offs separately.
- Wash and dry fillets well, give them a good squeeze.
- Put the cutoffs in a saucepan and cook them in salty water over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes you can strain and save the broth for later.
- Place the fillets in an ovenproof pot together with a little oil.
- Check the steaks are not mounted on each other and proceed to sprinkle with white wine and the remaining oil.
- Mix chopped onion, parsley and herbs in a bowl and sprinkle over the fish.
- Add 1 cup of broth
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 150 degrees.
- Place the pot with fish in the oven and cook for 25 or 30 minutes.
- Serve your diners at the table, and garnish after your choice
Boschendal Le Bouquet 2015