There is a wide variety and I would say almost endless material that can be recycled to make our projects come to life, both useful and decorative. It is only a question of patience and organization. Just like wine bottles, wine boxes are an excellent material to recycle and to be turned into countless objects that apart from being decorative can be very useful.
- Jewelry boxes: One option to recycle wine boxes is to turn them into a box or separator for your jewelry. To do this cut the side and bottom parts of the box with a hacksaw or jigsaw. Fix the position of the parts with glue and with wooden nails and a hammer secure them. For the lid, cut a piece of the same size as the bottom of your box. If you like a rougher style, you don't need to paint it, if you don't like it, paint it two times, let each cover dry for two hours and there you go.
- Medicine chest: To create a medicine chest out of a wine box, first reinforce the structure of the wine box with wooden nails using a hammer. For the door, you can use wooden lathes and finally install some hinges.
- Suitcase: If you want something a little more sophisticated you can build a suitcase out of a recycled wine box. Therefore, cut the box in two parts, to form the two parts of the suitcase. Reinforce the structure wtih wooden panels and finally add the details with your preferred material like hinges and leather bands for the edges.
Box or magazine rack: If you want some more
storage space at home and you have a wine box to recycle, you
can line it with cloth or paint it in you favorite color and
put some legs on it. It serves as a box to store whatever you
want or as a magazine rack.
- Pet accessories: You can clean and decorate the wine box, e.g. lining it with cloth or sanding it around the edges and varnish it. Then you can add a cushion and offer it as a new bed to you pet. If you want to use it as a feeding place for you dog or cat, you only need to turn it upside down and cut two holes the size of their water and food bowls. Like this, your pet won't drag its bowl anymore and can feed more easily. You can also build a bird feeder, cutting the pieces to construct a mini house with some big holes in the walls so the birds can feed. Remember to sand the feeder, so your guests feel well and brighten your day with their singing.
- Wall cabinet: If you like ambitious projects, you have 15 or more wine boxes to recycle and the style of your home os modern, this recycling project is for you: it is building a wall unit either for books, decorative objects or to store other useful objects. First, you need to attach the wine boxes to one another (horizontally) with nails and a hammer in groups of three. Once finished all the levels of three boxes, attach them to one another. Sand paper and paint your new furniture before you install it.
Would you like to read more about recycling? Get some ideas to give a second life to wine bottles!
Pruno 2014: a red wine with Ribera del Duero DO from Finca Villacreces cellar which blend contains tinta fina of 2014 and 13.5º of volume of alcohol.
Pago de los Capellanes Crianza 2012: a red wine with Ribera del Duero DO with tempranillo and cabernet sauvignon of 2012 and 13.50º of volume of alcohol.