We have already talked sometimes about the health benefits of beer, always with moderate consumption, but there are more and more studies that confirm them. In this case the Spanish Society of Primary Care Physicians (Semergen) has published an investigation on the benefits offered by the moderate consumption of beer. These are the conclusions:
- Nutrients: One of its features is its ability to provide all kinds of nutrients and bioactive compounds that may be beneficial to health. It gives us more energy and can be recommended for people who have low blood pressure.
- Cardiovascular protector: The study also shows that moderate consumption of beer has a cardiovascular protective effect, protecting people who may be at risk for heart-related diseases.
- Antioxidants: Beer is a good source of natural antioxidants, a fact that helps protecting the body.
- Low calorie content: The study doctors themselves say that beer is fermented in low-grade and as such it has a low calorie content.
- Vitamins: Besides, beer, thanks to its production process and the amount of nutrients it carries, contains vitamins, polyphenols, fibre, minerals and carbohydrates. Doctors have recognized that all this include it within the much healthy Mediterranean diet. What it has been emphasized is that its consumption should be moderate and, to be healthy, its consumption must be accompanied by a good diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Gulden Draak: a pale ale beer produced in Belgium produced thanks to cool fermenting with an alcohol proof of 10º.
Chimay Roja: an ale beer with warm fermenting produced in Belgium with an alcohol content of 7º