Poached eggs are an original Spanish recipe; they are an excellent choice in terms of starters to serve at any time of year to our guests at home.
The preparation of poached eggs is really simple, and with the wine sauce touch, their elegance increases to delight palates.
- 3 shallots
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100 g margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 3/4 l red wine
- Bay leaf
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 slice of bread for each poached egg
- Step 1: Take margarine out of the fridge in time for it to be soft.
- Step 2: Peel the shallots and chop each into small pieces and then place them in a pan with red wine, thyme, parsley and bay leaf.
- Step 3: Cook the shallots with wine, thyme, parsley and bay leaf and boil them until liquid is reduced by half.
- Step 4: Place 1 liter of water in a casserole with a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Step 5: Break the eggs into a cup and when you see the water boiling, place the cup over water for the eggs to fall one by one in it.
- Step 6: Using a slotted spoon, bring the white of the egg close to the yolk, to wrap it delicately.
- Step 7: Let cook for 3 minutes and remove each egg from water using a slotted spoon.
- Step 8: Mix flour with a portion of margarine in a container, in order to obtain a dough ball
- Step 9: Take 3 tablespoons of wine and dissolve the created dough on it, place in a saucepan and bring to low heat until thickened with a little salt and pepper.
- Step 10: Remove the sauce from the heat, add small portions of the remaining margarine and mix gently.
To serve, cover the eggs with wine sauce, decorated with triangles of fried bread battered in Parmesan.
With this recipe, today we recommend:
Juan Gil 12 Meses 2012
Simonsig Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz 2012