The prawn cocktail with pink sauce is a starter ideal to serve at any home meeting; its delicious taste will not go unnoticed among your guests and its preparation is very simple. Some time ago was a typical entree at every wedding celebration, now outmoded, but still a dish that will delight everyone, especially in summer.
The pink sauce, seasoned with a little whisky, is ideal with eggs, sandwiches, burgers, fish cakes and prawn cocktails, and its preparation is quite simple, so you can make enough to store and leave ready for other recipes at home.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Orange juice
- 3 tablespoons whisky
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 150g peeled prawns
- 1 lemon
- Step1: To give a more delicate taste and a quality that allows the enjoyment of all ingredients on the palate, it is best to prepare a homemade mayonnaise with 1 egg, a few drops of vinegar, salt, and 150 ml extra virgin olive oil in a mixer, at lower speed until it begins to emulsify.
- Step 2: Pour the contents from the mixer in an open container.
- Step 3: Then add ketchup, whisky, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and orange juice to the bowl and start mixing with a spoon or spatula. You can check, as you add the ingredients, the taste and firmness according to your liking, and then leave it in a sauce jar or serve it with your prawn cocktail in its entirety.
- Step 4: Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Step 5: Place in a tray the peeled prawns, previously spiced, with a dash of olive oil.
- Step 6: Put the prawns in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Step 7: Serve the prawns in a glass or single container and put over them the pink sauce. You can decorate each cup with a lemon slice.
And ready to go! To pair the dish, we recommend a white or rosé wine and a sparkling wine, light and fruity. Today we suggest:
De Faveri Prosecco Selezione Nera Spago
Miraval Rosé 2013