Not all cocktails are served at night: there are cocktails suitable for noon, for the afternoon and for special occasions, so it's about knowing what is best and enjoy them according to our needs.
There are different types of cocktails according to the time of the day when we can drink them:
- Energetic cocktails: These are to drink from 7 to 9 am, they are low in alcohol. Some of them are Rabbit Punch and Algarrobina.
- Revitalizing cocktails: These are ideal to remove a hangover the day after drinking, they are best consumed between 9 and 11 am. Some of them are Bull Shot, Screwdriver or Bloody Mary.
- Cocktails for mid-morning: fruity cocktails, generally appropriate to drink between 11 and 12, some of them are the Fruit Punch and Piña Colada.
- Appetizers: These are accompanied with olives or chips, and they are consumed from noon to 2 pm, some of them are Pisco Sour, Martini and Manhattan.
- Digestive cocktails: Also called mid-afternoon cocktails, they are the ones we drink from 1 to 6 in the afternoon, just after lunch, such as Alexander, Rusty Nail and Fruit Cobblers.
- Cocktails to end the day: These are the ones which we enjoy after a long day, from 6 to 10 pm. Some of them are San Francisco, Black Hawk and White Spider.
- Cocktails for special occasions: These are the ones that we enjoy at formal occasions, such as weddings and other celebrations with toast. Some of them are Black Velvet and Bellini.
So, what is the best time for a cocktail for you? Is there a time of day do you prefer?
Case Gin-Tonic with 10 Botanical: Briefcase with 10 botanicals for Gin and Tonic. This complete kit is ideal for making a gin and tonic like a pro.
Cocktail glass meter to facilitate measuring and mixing your cocktails.
* Images: Uvinum and Luis Tejero (flickr)