Wine is one of the favorite drinks worldwide, and in summer the wine festivals are a way to raise awareness of the winemaking process to the highest quality standards, acquire excellent products, and try the local cuisine area, activities that promote tourism and create an atmosphere of hospitality and joy that invites back every year. Today I will show wine parties of 2 of the most active communities in this regard, Galicia and La Rioja:
Galician wine festivals
- From 7 to the 9 of September La Festa do Viño no Pelete held in the parish of Covelo honors the Virgin of the Remedies annually.
- From September 29th to October 7th la Festa de Vendimia is celebrated in its second edition, with wine tastings and octopus for attendees.
- On August 3 the Infesta do Río, held in the village Monforte de Lemos.
- From 23 to 25 August, the festa do Viño do Condado in his 53 anniversary with concerts, products and the best local wines to taste.
- The Festa do Albariño, from 31 July to 4 August in the town of Cambados, with tastings of the best wines from the wineries.
Rioja Wine festivals
- Rioja celebrates Rioja Harvest Festival - Fiesta de la Vendimia Riojana - from 21 September for a week to coincide with the Feast of St. Matthew; they develop a traditional ceremony on the Paseo del Espolón, where they is offer to the Virgin of Valvanera (patron of La Rioja) the first wine of the Harvest, and parade floats, food tasting, concerts, theater, street music and fireworks.
- Also in the Rioja the Battle wine gives to talk about, this latest edition was held on June 29, while the Battle of clarete was held around the July 25.
Have you ever been in a wine fair? Like combining tasting and party? Today we recommend a large Galician white wine and a great red wine from Rioja:
Luis Cañas Crianza 2009
Martín Códax 2011