Healthy food does not have to be boring and, indeed, there are many variations of healthy meals that include wine in their preparation, making them rich in flavor and highly practical for those who seek to keep a healthy lifestyle.
Turkey with wine and vegetables
This dish is part of traditional Spanish cuisine, is served as a main course throughout the year, it is low in fat so it is recommended for people with restricted diets for weight control, and by being accompanied by vegetables is a nutritious option to prepare at home in approximately 30 to 60 minutes.
- 2 turkey thighs, ½ kilo each
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 bottle of red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 potato
- 1 zucchini
- Chop the turkey thighs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put some olive oil in a saucepan over high heat and place the turkey pieces.
- Now proceed to put the previously peeled and chopped vegetables in the pan (remember to put aside 1 carrot for garnish).
- Put in the pan peeled garlic and thyme.
- Braise with wine the ingredients in the pan and put the fire under to simmer for 20 minutes, and then remove the turkey.
- When you see the broth reduced enough and with a thick consistency, proceed to strain the result.
- Put again the turkey and broth for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Put aside the preparation to begin elaborating the garrison.
- Boil the potatoes, carrots and zucchini previously shaped separately and let cool.
- Add the shaped vegetables into the stew and serve in dishes or casseroles.
Fruit salad with red wine
This recipe for 4 people has a low level of difficulty and can be prepared in no time.
- 1 ripe melon
- 1 bunch of grapes
- 1 apple golden
- 3 yellow and ripe peaches
- 50 grams of peeled almonds
- 50 grams of cane sugar
- 1/2 glass red wine
- 1 lemon
- Peel the lemon, remove the seeds and proceed to dice.
- Peel and cut the melon into cubes and place them in a large bowl with grapes, sliced almonds, apple and peach slices.
- Add sugar and bath with wine and lemon juice.
- Serve to each guest cold from the fridge.
And for your recipes, here are some good, nice and cheap wines that will help you improving your results.
Beamonte Tinto 2013
Señorío de los Llanos Cosecha Tinto