Yuzu is a bitter, sour and citrus fruit with a remarkable fragrance. Its size is a little smaller than a billiard ball, and is used as an acidifying ingredient through its juice. It is known mainly in the traditional Asian cuisine, where it is highly valued.
Yuzu has such a pleasant smell that some Japanese add it in the design of perfumes, and they even have a winter solstice ritual, “Toji”, consisting of bathing with the fruit.
The Yuzu Julep cocktail is, among other things, a delicious cocktail with citrus aroma and flavour, combining the delicate flavours of mint, yuzu juice and other ingredients such as sugar syrup and rum, so present in other drinks.
- 6 cl Yamazaki 12 years
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar syrup
- 1.5 cl yuzu juice
Yuzu cocktail preparation:
- Put the mint with sugar syrup in the mixing glass.
- Put crushed ice, whiskey and yuzu juice in a short glass.
- Pour the ingredients from the mixing glass and garnish with a sprig of mint.
A variation of Yuzu cocktail
- 6 cl light rum
- 2.2 cl Vanilla vodka
- 12.7 cl Triple Sec
- 2.9 cl simple syrup
- 1 ½ cups yuzu juice
- Place the yuzu juice, triple sec, simple syrup and vodka in a shaker.
- Add crushed ice to the shaker and shake for 15 minutes.
- Strain the result into a glass, complete with soda and serve.
Do you dare to try one of the best Japanese cocktails? Surely you will love it!
Havana Club 5 Años